Monday, 22 August 2011

Hard to believe...

A lot can happen in 3.5 months. It's hard to believe that I am sitting in Bronson's hospital room with his car seat in hand, ready to be filled. 
In 3.5 months we have had some of the most emotional times of our lives. As I walked from our vehicle to the elevator I looked to my left, seeing shadows of sad nights where Angela an I sat in our van, crying for Bronson, wondering if we would see him the next day. 
In the last 3.5 months we said goodbye to our dear friend Penny who lost her battle to cancer, leaving behind her husband and family to meet her on the other side. 
And today we say goodbye to Jack Layton who has passed from his battle with cancer-what a journey for so many. 
And so today with reminders of tears shed in the past, we thank God for the blessings He has poured out on us. We are thankful that our family will finally be whole. 
As I look at Bronson laying on his bed, I see his bravery beads above him. Each bead a reminder of what we have all been through/each bead representing thousands of people who have walked this journey with us, supporting us along the way. 
I wrote this out before and I feel I need to do it again...
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

Bronson is coming home. We will continue to update on his life if you would like to continue to see his progress. We thank you for your support. Time to hold my son for a while...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome! We praise the Lord for His work in Bronson's life! Enjoy him!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete