Sunday, 5 June 2011

Our Pennie For Your Thoughts

Today we are heading down to see Bronson again. Currently sitting on the GoTrain thinking about everything.
Today we had a good service at our church. Good music and good preaching. But today I can't help but think of others that are battling as well. So many are touched by cancer. So many have their lives drastically changed because of what it can do.

Today I think about our Pennie. Pennie Park. If you knew Pennie you would know a love like no other. You would know a woman that only came to know A relationship with Christ a few years ago. Most of all you would know a woman that even through sickness knows that God has great things in store for her.
Pennie was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. She has had some good battles and some tough ones-today Pennie needs a miracle. Radiation and chemo are simply trying to improve her quality of like right now. The next 'natural' step is not something I am will to accept at this point.
I have seen God's grace in my life...I've seen it in my sons life and I am believing that the grace that was given to us would pass to her.
A lot can be said for someone's testimony-even to the end. But I believe that more can be said for those who are restored.
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

So today I'm thanking you in advance for your prayers over our family-but I pray that you will take Pennie under your wing as well. That we would believe for a full restoration and that today she would feel the warm healing touch of Christ's garment. I know there are great people praying for us today, but I humbly ask that you would also pray for our dear friend as well.
Matt:18.20

No comments:

Post a Comment