Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Life is a Highway

Insert Tom Cockrane tune here...

Life can throw so much at you in no time at all. I remember when we lived in Labrador there was one road in and out when we went on vacation we would have to drive the dreaded Baie Comeau road. An 8 hr drive from city to city with 1 stop along the way. A drive with more twists and turns than a Roller coaster. One with many stops to remind us what we ate that morning.

I feel like I am on that road again. Knowing the journey is a long one and knowing there will be tough days is not an easy thing to prepare for.
Bronson is having a tough day. He is breathing fast and and seems to be battling. A few moments ago I asked everyone for prayer and just now the nurse says he seems to look better. Whether it's the morphine kicking in or the lasix helping to relieve pressure, or God hearing our prayers, it's a constant flow of emotional news.

I keep reminding myself that God is bigger than this...bigger than his symptoms and bigger than our fear. I'm reminded today to continue to give thanks for hid life. Even in these moments God continues to hold our boy in his hands.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you're able to find the time to read your comments or not, but I've never met you or your family, but I've been praying for your son. I've been clinging to the promises that the song "Healer" talks about (by Songwriters: Michael Jon Guglielmucci). In case you don't know it - here are the words below. I listen to this song often, and pray for your family. Blessings. Shara Bierman

    "You hold my every moment, You calm my raging seas, You walk with me through fire, And heal all my disease

    I trust in You
    I trust in You

    I believe You're my healer, I believe You are all I need, I believe You're my portion, I believe You're more than enough for me Jesus, You're all I need

    You hold my every moment, You calm my raging seas, You walk with me through fire And heal all my disease

    I trust in You
    I trust in You

    I believe You're my healer, I believe You are all I need, I believe You're my portion, I believe You're more than enough for meJesus, You're all I need

    Nothing is impossible for You
    Nothing is impossible for You
    Nothing is impossible for You
    Nothing is impossible for You

    ReplyDelete