Thursday, 9 June 2011

Another Day

Yet another day has passed. May 9th to June 9th... Here we are.

It's hard to see him the way he is. It's hard to see him struggle for air. If I could breathe for him I would. If I could give him a lung or liver I would gladly without hesitation. But I stand next to him feeling like my hands are tied. I'm in a place that I can only rely on God. He's brought us this far and compared to where he was a month ago, he is doing better.

I couldn't help but be drawn to the Book of Job as we sit here on the GoTrain. Chapter 5 specifically has stuck out to me. My plan at this point is to continue to present my case to God. We are brought to this earth for a purpose. To know the grace of God and share that grace and love with others. Bronson hasnt had a chance to do that yet. He needs to grow strong. He needs to lift up those weaker than him - He needs to teach this love to his children so that they may do the same.

We have a purpose. And though my heart is heavy today - cancer will not hold my awe. We will live out our days - I will walk and talk with my son before I leave this earth - we will both know that God has brought us through this for a purpose - and even through these tough times we will thank God for the plans He had laid before us and hope we've made the most of it.

Today is a tough day. But I will not forget Christ's words.
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

His promises are made new every morning. And so I will continue to wait on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment