Sunday, 29 May 2011

New Life...New Circumstances


(For those of you just beginning to read... the dates are off because I am transferring over to a blog...)


May 10th - 10am
It's an incredible feeling being a parent - already to a beautiful girl, Kallie, and now to a fighter... - Bronson.
Last night around 630 Bronson was airlifted to Sick Kids hospital in Toronto. Ang and I left before it took off, not wanting to see it, but as we exited in Port Hope we saw the helicopter fly overhead. What a feeling of emotion and disbelief that our little guy was making that trip... 1 day old and already flying in helicopters... lucky.
As we drove down University Ave. I couldn't help but think that 4 years ago I had just started my cancer treatment - and now across the street lay our little boy.
No matter what has happened in my life I have continued to thank God for his goodness and believe that he only has good things in store for me and my family. I am reminded of a word that would show up in the Scriptures over time... "Selah" ... stop and think. Sometimes it's tough to do that when you haven't even had a chance to hold your child...

I've never taken life for granted... however there are times that I have felt God telling me to 'stop and think' about what is important. Four years ago I felt that and re-evaluated my focus in life after battling cancer - Which has led me to Brooklin to be working with my brother and sister-in-law at an incredible church plant. And now here we are again...

There are people all over the world today praying for Bronson... what a humbling feeling. Chad Cromwell & Alyssa in Australia, Matt Price in Europe, missionaries in Africa...right here in Canada - the list goes on. Because of this I know Bronson will be used for great things in his lifetime... and, if God waits on His return - that when he finally looks back on his life as an old old man, he will know he walked uprightly in the paths God had laid out for him.

So maybe today his first mission was to help everyone 'stop and think'... Thank you for your prayers today... I ask that you keep praying - I ask that you stop and think about what is important, and continue to walk in the direction God would guide you...

Today we are in a place that we have no answers for - and all we can do is 'stop and know'
14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.” (Psalm 91)

May you join us today as we pray this prayer over Bronson. Thank you again!

Please feel free to pass this along... I know prayer brought me through tough times... we pray to a God that is very real and very present in our lives... 10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God...


No comments:

Post a Comment