Sunday, 29 May 2011

May 26th... How Time Flies


May 26th : 954pm

Wow.. so Bronson is 17 days old today....hard to believe. 3 weeks ago we never thought we would be in this place. Never thought we'd be getting up each day trying to figure out who will watch Kallie for the day while we head down to SickKids-but here we are... life is not always fair but we know that God still has His ways of showing himself true to us. 
Sometimes it simply feels like we can't get a break. He's going through his treatments and we are preparing ourselves to start to hear some good news... and BAM... Bronson gets sepsis and E Coli. It just feels like it's constantly one thing after another. 

I don't know if I will ever understand in this life-time why a baby so young can go through something like this... or if this is something God will walk me and Bronson through once we are in Heaven... but I do know that there is a plan and a purpose through this...
I have been reading Psalm 91 as much as I can... I've felt that it is a Scripture that has been placed on my life... and now I believe it rests on our little boy. 
   - 
9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
So Bronson now shows signs of sepsis and E Coli... so the doctors are nervous (as are we) because his immune system is weak at best and may make it hard to fight this off... but lets not forget that we serve a God who is far bigger than our problems... 
We have a funny way of making our problems seem too big...even for God... 
- we have a funny way of forgetting that God breathed the stars into existance... 
So Bronson is sick... and now has a bug... yes we are scared... yes we feel exhausted emotionally and just don't know what to expect... 
- so with that said... I'm done. Ang and I can't do it anymore... but we never could... there is no way we could have ever gotten through this on our own. There is a lot stacked against our little guy... but remember... God cheers for the underdog... GOD... is about to shine... you may read this and think the game is over... but here comes the touchdown. No plague is taking my family... and that's my God given promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment