Sunday, 29 May 2011

May 19th - Faith in the Unseen


May 19th - 10:15pm - my thoughts for the night
Hebrews 11.1
 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

 There are times we simply don't understand what this life throws at us... There are times we question the existance of God... times we think 'if there really was a God...he wouldn't let me hurt like this'.. 
I have to say that I have had those moments... but this isn't one of them. Over the past few years I have seen God's hand on my life. We've experienced tough times in life... tough times in ministry... but God has consistently shown himself faithful to us. 

And so here we are... our son, only 10 days old... diagnosed with an incredibly rare form of cancer, has shown us once more that even when life seems to have turned upside-down, God is in control. 

Men go abroad to wonder at the height of mountains,
at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers,
at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars;
and they pass by themselves with out wondering.
~ Saint Augustine

I've had to redo this note a few times... simply because I am so amazed by the grace of God. So many of you have written me... some of you would call Jesus your Lord and Savior... some of you aren't too sure what you think of "religion" at this point... sometimes I can't blame you when you have crazy people in the world trying to predict the rapture... (This Saturday is the new one.)

My boy is a miracle... 
everything about him is a miracle. 
I believe he was born 2 weeks early because God wanted to save his life...
- because God wanted doctors to find this 'rare form of cancer'
- because God wanted to show that he fashioned him together ... and is going to heal him... and is going to show the world that he is fearfully and wonderfully made. 

Tomorrow I have to go in early. A genetics oncologist wants to take my blood to see if there is anything in my DNA that could trace this disease. Tonight as I think about this all I can think of is DNA... 
- see doctors want to see if there is inconsistence in my DNA... 
- they want to see if something has come apart that has made room for this disease. 

Louie Giglio puts it this way... 
So you're at the toughest place in your life... how can you know that God is going to hold you together and bring you through... you know because there is a cross standing over history... it is the place where the 'Star breather' became the 'Sin Bearer'.
- Where the Universe Maker, became Mankinds' Savior... and it is proof that God does not always change the circumstances... he did not change them for Jesus on that hillside, but it is also proof that God always has a purpose in the circumstances and that his purpose and his plan will prevail and will triumph through any circumstances in this world... 

There is prayer happening all over the world for Bronson... the doctors have seen that there is no increase in liver size... that his swelling is coming down... And though there are days we cry for him and hold on to each other, we know that God's purpose is to see him live... and that your life would be touched because of how his little life affected you... 

Written across our DNA is the signature of a loving, healing God... 
When you have time to sit... please watch this video. it will change your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment