Sunday, 29 May 2011

May 16th & 17th


May 16: 533pm...
Well it has been a long day. Seems as though it's a flu bug we have been hit with... today it was nice to know that my dad was up there with Bronson... he got there around 12 and is still there now. He seems to be doing well and responded well when they tried to move him around. I still can't believe that we have a 7 day old baby that is going through chemo treatment. 
When we got home this morning it was tough to see his crib and room, knowing that we couldn't bring him home to let him rest. 
This is certainly a test of our faith, and endurance. but so many people are lifting him up in prayer... Australia, Nigeria, the UK, South Carolina, Dakota, British Columbia, Indonesia, Dubai, Cambodia.. the list goes on... We are so humbled to have so many lifting him up in prayer. 
Tomorrow morning I am hoping to get back to work for the morning, and then spend the evening with our little guy... God is going to do great things through this wee man.


May 17: 542pm

It's hard to believe that our little boy is 8 days old... 8 days old and already has had 3 chemo treatments... 8 days old and already has thousands of people praying for him around the world... what a blessing. The next few days will be crucial. We are going to find out if his liver size has decreased or not... Please pray that it decreases and that it's function begins to increase. 
I can't get over how strong of a fighter he is... when trying to do procedures on him, he decided to wake up and try to tear out everything plugged into him... (this is after he was given a paraletic). He's a tough little guy...  I find myself thinking "what if" at times... But 'what if' never happened for me... and 'what if' will not happen for him... this is not our inheritance... we were meant to live for more than this... Please keep praying.

Hope for the little guy
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
      so why should I be afraid?
   The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
      so why should I tremble?
 2 When evil people come to devour me,
      when my enemies and foes attack me,
      they will stumble and fall.
 3 Though a mighty army surrounds me,
      my heart will not be afraid.
   Even if I am attacked,
      I will remain confident.

 4 The one thing I ask of the Lord—
      the thing I seek most—
   is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
      delighting in the Lord’s perfections
      and meditating in his Temple.
 5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
      he will hide me in his sanctuary.
      He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
 6 Then I will hold my head high
      above my enemies who surround me.
   At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
      singing and praising the Lord with music.

 7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
      Be merciful and answer me!
 8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
      And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
 9 Do not turn your back on me.
      Do not reject your servant in anger.
      You have always been my helper.
   Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me,
      O God of my salvation!
 10 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
      the Lord will hold me close.

 11 Teach me how to live, O Lord.
      Lead me along the right path,
      for my enemies are waiting for me.
 12 Do not let me fall into their hands.
      For they accuse me of things I’ve never done;
      with every breath they threaten me with violence.
 13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness
      while I am here in the land of the living.

 14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
      Be brave and courageous.
      Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

David faced some incredible trials throughout his life time. Just a little guy, yet he was able to overcome so much... tonight my prayer for Bronson is that he would live out all the days of his life knowing that people around the world held him up in prayer. I don't know if we will ever really know how many people have been praying for him, but I do know that beyond all odds he will be a survivor - he too will wear a LIVESTRONG bracelet, and as we wait patiently, we will see the Lord's goodness while we are here in the land of the living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment