Sunday, 29 May 2011
May 13th feels like the calm before the storm
Friday, may 13. 820am
His procedure has been moved to 11. He had a pretty good night but his u2 went down a bit so they gave him some low flow oxygen. Seems to be doing fine though.
Calm before the storm...
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
We don't know what to expect today. Part of me can't help but be fearful of what we might hear... Part of me is just anxious to get this over with and part of me knows that God is in control of this situation and it is helping us rest "easy" at the moment.
17 For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
Ang and I had a chance just to relax with each other... break things down and pray together, believing that God will heal our little boy and soon she will be able to place him in his crib to rest easy. We know that any thing can happen; we also know that our help comes from the LORD the Maker of Heaven and Earth. So I think we are in good hands.
A thought to leave you with till later this afternoon. A friend of ours prayed with her boys last night (just little guys)... "Dear God, please touch Bronson's body and make him be normal and healthy. Keep him safe and protected. Be with his mommy and daddy. Help him to grow up strong and be a very handsome man.....even more handsome than me.....amen."
haha. I'll take it!
So they took Bronson down already. We didn't get to see him buy were happy to hear that he was quite the fighter and didn't want to let them do their job! :) So now it's a waiting game. Thanks to those who offered to come sit with us but it's nice to have a bit of a breather. We will update soon.
230pm A page for Bronson
We are still waiting for him to return. In the mean time I have made him a page on fb. Ang and I would love you to take a look and 'like' it so we have an idea of how many people are watching over him. Click here
We are still waiting to see Bronson. All this time and I just found a computer right across from the waiting room! :/
We are believing and praying for good things!
4% of battery power left. We are waiting to get back in to see him. He is stable but needs to start chemo tonight. We have a heavy heart but are believing God will bring us through this as a whole family.
9:07pm 'I used to like my steak rare... now I will go with well done'
Well we are back at my brother and sis-in-law's place for the night. I think we've had as much as we can handle tonight - it was a lot to take in.
I guess we were expecting this news but when it's finally said, it's a lot different to handle. So here's where everything is at tonight...
We are told that he has 'bi-lateral neuroblastoma'. Apparently this is an extremely rare condition... rare... something that our family has been heard a lot of over the past few years...
Angela's mom past away from a rare cancer... four years ago I was diagnosed with a rare cancer... and here we are again. Even though my faith is still strong, my heart is weak. I would give anything to take his place. It was so much for Ang and I to take in when I was diagnosed... and now we have a little boy, four days old, with no idea what is happening, is going through the same thing... It's been quite hard to process.
While we were finding out details today his liver seemed to increase in size which stopped him from breathing on his own... we just got an update that he is now on room air but still needs help breathing...
The cancer is in both adrenal glands - which means the only option is to treat with chemo.
The biopsy came back negative but they felt they had a poor sample... they wanted to get a new sample from the liver but now with his condition they want to go ahead and start with chemo. They said for this to be in both glands and in the liver and not be cancer, it would be the first recorded case ever... I'm sick of rare.
I still feel that God is taking care of us. The head oncologist is THEE best in Canada, if not in the world. Here's a link to give you an idea of what he's done...
I feel tonight that I am at my weakest. We went in at 7pm to say goodnight to him, and to see him in the state he was in was heartbreaking. But we still know God is in control and we are faithful that Bronson is going to get through this. I have seen God's grace time and time again in our life... We know that he will live as a testament to that same grace.