Sunday, 29 May 2011

May 12th


1am. Just woke up. I feel like I should take a moment to pray. Some dreams are far too real.

May 12
We will be heading up again in a few hours. I called last night and heard that he had to get another iv of some form of vitamin because his liver is not doing it's job of making his blood clot properly. So feel free to keep that in your prayers today. 1:35pm

GOOD NEWS UPDATE. His jaundice levels have decreased so they only have one light (blanket light) on him now. He is peeing on his own so that is also good news! We are seeing the grace of God at work here! His cool goggles are gone now so hopefully I can get some good pictures of him today. What we still need to pray for:- His liver function needs to increase Tomorrow they want to put a PICC line in his arm and also take a biopsy of the liver. Let's pray they don't need to. 
The picc line will be needed to reduce the amount of tubes on him and make it easier to give him iv treatment and draw blood. Last night I woke up with such a heaviness to pray for him. I know that God is at work here and will write some more thoughts later. To all of you who have wrote Angela and myself...THANK YOU! I am sorry if I don't get back to you all right away but know we read your letters almost immediately and they are very encouraging. Thanks again! There WILL be more good news to follow I am sure of it.

345pm
No better feeling than to hold your baby for the first time. Mommy was pretty happy. He is doing great right now. I've been looking for an excuse to get a tattoo on my shoulder. I think Bronson has given me a good reason. :)

415pm.
One more update. EKG tests came back and his heart is strong! So more good news!

523pm
Jeremiah 29.11. I know the plans God has for you. Plans to prosper you not to harm you. Plans to give you a bright future. Four years ago we felt like we were in a tough spot. Yet God brought us through it. ...here we are again. We just spoke with a oncologist. They have not confirmed and don't want us to get over anxious, but there is a "high chance" he has neuroblastoma. They will do a procedure in the morning to confirm. We were just told that his markers are very high so, going through this myself, it would tell us it will be positive for neuroblastoma. They still have yet to consider the God factor. And I am praying that the grace that has been given to me will pass to him. Time to step up your prayer for him. His procedure will be tomorrow morning. Please remember him in your prayers.

608pm.
Ok. So I feel like we are on an emotional roller coaster here. This Scripture was sent to Angela and I think it's fitting.

1 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. 2 “Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him. 4 We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us.[a] The night is coming, and then no one can work. 5 But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world.”

If there was a way I could take his position I would. But maybe through his strength and story someones life can be changed. Believe me it's not an easy thing to sit here and write this. By no means do I have a smile always on my face. But if we can't put our hope in a life beyond the grave then what do we have?

We believe in a God that came to earth, said that "I am the way the truth and the life" no one comes to the father except through me." I put my faith in this Christ who conquered the grave. I know He has a purpose for Bronson.
And when we walk out of here with him all bundled up in his carrier, everyone will know that the same power that conquered the grave is alive and well in this little soldier.

9pm ...when things don't make sense.
We are home @ Angela's parent's home and have had some time to digest. On the way home as we were talking about everything and how we find ourselves in a situation that doesn't make sense. We ask ourselves "why us"...?

Angela lost her first mom to cancer about 20 years ago... Three months before our wedding I was diagnoised with cancer... and then as we sit next to our little boy, in walks this doctor with the words "oncology" written on his tag... I'm starting to get tired of stepping in the ring. :|

It's strange that I don't feel anger or fear in this situation... We find ourselves feeling that God is using this situation to show others that under the shadow of the cross their is hope in any situation. I just wish everyone would get it already so that we can take our boy home...! ;)

We don't know yet what tomorrow brings... but I couldn't imagine facing it without knowing that God has His angels surrounding our family... Even tonight as our little girl, who seems to have a flu bug, stays with other family, we know that God has us all in His hands.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armour and protection.
How can I not faith with amazing promises like this!? How can I not have strength when I know we believe in a God that still heals?
We may be in for a long journey... But if our 4 day old can fight it out, I'm ready to spar right next to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment